Pumpkin Soup Recipe for Kids with sneaky extra vegetables
Cooking with Kids can be fun and it’s even more exciting when the kids see that the pumpkin soup has come straight from the garden.
If you are lucky enough to grow your own pumpkins either in your yard or perhaps your grandparents’ yards then your kids will also know the joy is keeping what they have sown.
For those, like us that visit the store to purchase our pumpkin, there is still a joy to be hap in picking that perfect pumpkin.
Now onto the fun part, making yummy pumpkin soup.
You will need the following Ingredients
- 1.6kg pumpkin seeded, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 cups (1L) chicken stock
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 10g Veggie Boost
We like to add Veggie Boost as it was designed for the fussy eaters of the world. This sneaky supplement has 8 Veggie and 5 superfoods.
Simply add to food as a great way to get kids to eat veggies
… shhh …. without them knowing!
- Place the combined pumpkin, onion, curry paste, stock and coconut milk in a slow cooker. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high (or 6 hours on low) or until the pumpkin is tender and mixture thickens slightly.
- Add 1/3 to the food processor and blend.
- Do another 2 times with the remaining mixture
- Add into the container so all pumpkin mix together
- Stir in sugar, lime juice, Veggie Boost and fish sauce while warm.
We hope that you enjoy our Pumpkin Soup Recipe and stay warm and healthy this Winter.