Busy Bagz are reusable, low mess, portable activities and games designed to enrich parent/child learning relationships. They have been structured for quiet and independent play by a child, and to free up some mummy/daddy time and develop essential skills. Every bag is created by an occupational therapist and mother of two, in conjunction with early childhood professionals, to ready your child for school and other daily activities requiring advanced fine motor skills.
Patterns are all around us in life and in nature, such as stripes on a t-shirt and colours on a butterfly. Identifying and understanding patterns is a fun way children can learn sequencing and prediction. This learning of logic associated with patterns is a fantastic prerequisite to mathematical learning later in schooling.
The patterning block bag is an exciting way for children to identify colours and create patterns using the 15 coloured blocks. The bag includes 12 sequencing cards that are designed to look like a train with cargo to increase motivation. The cards vary in difficulty.
All Busy Bagz include a game card with numerous game options using the included items, questioning and discussion topics, as well as information on how to make the games easier and harder to suit various ages and skill levels for early learners. Bags are designed to target children aged 3-5 years of age and support skill development.
• Fine motor manipulation and bilateral coordination.
• Sequencing and patterning.
• Colour identification and matching.
• Visual motor skills and attention to detail.
• Recognition and naming of an increasing number of primary colours.
• Increasing span of attention and concentration for a single task.
– 15 coloured blocks.
– 12 pattern cards
– 1 activity card with activity options and discussion topics.
Activity is provided in a high-quality water-resistant opaque bag with zipper and reinforcement for strength. Zipper has a loop for optional hanging and ease of opening for young hands. Pattern cards are handmade and laminated. Blocks are sourced from sustainable timber and paint are made from natural dyes and meet stringent Australian standards children’s toy safety.
Please note: Supervise at all times
– Busy bags may contain small items that could be a choking hazard for children and are therefore not suitable for children under the age of 3.