Who are we?
Little Kids Business Marketplace Pty Ltd owns and operates an online platform at www.littlekidsbusiness.com.au Little Kids Business Marketplace respects your privacy and shares your concern about the security of data you may submit to our website(s). Little Kids Business Marketplace is a market place service provider where buyers and sellers can connect, and transact. We do not sell products. Products are sold on our website by third-party sellers.
Our website contains links to non-Little Kids Business websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of those other websites or organisations. We recommend you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
‘Personal information‘ means information we hold about you where your identity is either clear or can be reasonably determined. When you give us your personal information, it imposes a serious responsibility on us. Protecting your privacy when handling your personal information is very important to us.
Collection of Information
Generally, we will collect personal information directly from you, and only to the extent necessary to provide the product or service (including our agency functions if we have any) you requested or to carry out our internal administrative operations or meet relevant regulatory requirements. An ‘agency function’ means a service that we provide to you on behalf of another organisation. We may also collect personal information for the purpose of enhancing our ability to improve service delivery to you and other customers in the future.
- What is personal information ? means information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Collection of information
We try to only collect personal information which is reasonably necessary for or directly related to, the particular function or activity we are carrying out. The main way we collect personal information about you is when you give it to us, usually by webform, email, and telephone.
- When you register an account: Information including name, addresses, emails, telephone numbers, Little Kids Business member user details where relevant. We may collect other applicable information using a web form.
- Account verification: We may collect information to enable us to process verification of your account information and so we can authenticate who you are.
- Using our services, or buying or selling: information you provide when you communicate with a seller, or to us, or information you provide as a seller, including transaction information and payment information, which may include bank details or credit card information if you are transacting with us. We also may collect information if you make a complaint, have a dispute and if we investigate conduct related to use of our services.
- When you contact us: This includes information gathered through webforms, email, or other means of communication between you and us, and where relevant between you and the other party to a transaction.
- Indirect information: We may collect information from someone authorised by you, and you may authorise to collect information on your behalf from a third party, for example, a credit score or similar collated information.
- Using your account: This can include items you have purchased ( as a buyer) or sold (as a seller), search history, communications, and other information which you may give us to help with identifying which products you may be interested in.
- As a seller: This may include information about you and the products or services you offer for sale ( including images), transaction history, feedback and reviews.
- Browsing our website: We may collect information from your browser, and device, including IP address, geographical location, search terms, device description, device operating system, browsing times and dates, user ID, location information, page view statistics, website traffic information, referral url, web log information.
- Direct Marketing: We may use the personal information we collect for direct marketing. This includes receiving emails and SMS messages from us. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing, please contact us in writing with your request. Please note that we may not be able to continue to provide our services to you if you opt-out of direct marketing.
- Cookies: We collect information using cookies and similar technologies, relevant to viewed pages, followed links, and other browsing behaviour. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device. You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however, you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings. It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Other sources: We may get information from sites which are used to verify your identity, publicly available information, information from other users, information related to transactions and delivery of goods and services, credit-related information and demographic information which is lawfully available to us.
- General: We collect personal information which is reasonably necessary for the functions or activities of our business. We will only collect information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
Where possible, and if you so choose, we will interact with you anonymously. However, if we do not have relevant personal information, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
What we use, retain and disclose
Our use of your personal information will always have a lawful basis, either because you have consented to our use of your personal information or because it is reasonably necessary to provide our services and undertake our activities.
- We use your personal information for the following purposes: we provide a personalised service, including using our services, using our website; correspondence with you or as directed by you, or on your behalf; carrying out advertising, marketing and educative training or promotional activities; to facilitate marketing from third parties (if you are located within the European Union, then only with your express permission); to detect and investigate fraud and other unlawful activities; to contact you; to improve our services; to provide technical and customer services; to provide feedback to you; to provide subscription services which you have consented to receiving including emails and newsletters; carrying out competitions; improving our services; helping you identify products or services which may be appropriate for you; referring you to product and service providers; in connection with a corporate transaction such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy; where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our (and other) services, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored experience and where appropriate we provide your personal information to third parties for purposes related to providing our services, including for regulatory requirements, processing transactions and identification.
- We also use your information to provide you with offers, location-based services, and to directly contact you using email, SMS, telephone and postal mail for purposes including customer services related matters which includes technical issues, disputes, general assistance, collecting and refunding payments, and surveys. We may also use personal information to enforce agreements.
- We may use information which we hold about you to show you relevant advertising on third-party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google). This could involve showing you an advertising message where we know you have a Finder Marketplace account and have used Finder services. If you don’t want to be shown targeted advertising messages from the Little Kids Business Marketplace, some third party sites allow you to request not to see messages from specific advertisers on that site in future.
- We store personal information for as long as we require it for our business purposes and legal compliance. We store personal information to stop criminal activity, to collect any overdue fees, to resolve disputes, to deal with technical problems, enforce our agreements, and for other purposes under Australian laws. We have security measures in place to protect your personal information.
- Your personal information may be shared with third parties and other companies in our group in order to provide our services to you, to enable us to undertake marketing and advertising related activities, for research purposes, to detect or investigate unlawful activities, to meet our legal and compliance policy requirements, and for transaction processing.
- We may transfer your personal information to overseas recipients, including other businesses in our group, which may result in your personal data being transferred between, and stored on, servers in Europe, Australia and other countries.
- We may also access, hold and use aggregated information about the people that use our services. Aggregated information won’t identify you or any other individual but simply provides us with non-personally identifiable data that we’ll use to improve our services, understand our users’ needs and develop tailored content. We may disclose this aggregate information to third parties for purposes including research and publishing statistics related to our business. Although you would have provided us with the information we aggregate for these purposes, it won’t identify you or enable you to be personally identified.
- If we do not need your personal information for any of the purposes set out in this policy, or as required by law, we will take reasonable steps to de-identify or destroy the information.
- By using our services, you consent to us collecting, holding and using your personal information in this way.
Your information is protected by security measures, including data encryption, access controls including physical controls and information access controls, firewalls.
If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact customer services at [email protected]
Accessing and correcting your personal information
- We aim to ensure personal information is accurate, up-to-date and complete. Please ensure that you provide us with accurate information.
- You have the right to ask for access to personal information that we hold about you and ask that we correct that personal information and we must respond within 30 days. Following your access request, we must give you access to your personal information and we must take steps to correct it if we consider it is incorrect unless we are prevented from doing so under the relevant law.
- We will require you to verify your identity before we give you access to your information or correct it. If we refuse to give you access or correct it, we must notify you in writing of the reasons. If we have disclosed your information to a third party, and it has since been corrected, you can request us to tell them about the correction. If we refuse to correct the information, you can request that we associate it with a statement that you believe the information is incorrect and why.
How to make a complaint
- If you decide to make a complaint to us about how your personal information has been handled, you should write to us by email advising the circumstances of your complaint, and how you wish for it to be resolved.
- Following receipt of your complaint, we will consider your complaint, and decide what action to take. If we decide that the complaint should be investigated, it will be handled by a more senior person than the person who the complaint is about. We will respond to you within 30 days.
- If you need additional information about the Australian Privacy Principles, the Privacy Law or our obligations you can also access the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (http://www.oaic.gov.au/).
How to contact us
If you want to arrange access to your information or have questions about privacy or the use of this site, please email [email protected]
“Unsolicited” personal information is personal information about an individual that an organisation has unintentionally received. This is an uncommon occurrence for the Little Kids Business, but when it does happen, we will protect your personal information with the same rigour as we treat personal information that we intended to collect. If we could not have collected this information through our normal processes, we will de-identify that information as soon as we can.
Uses and Sharing of Information
We use the personal information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it, or for a directly related purpose. We may also use your personal information where required or permitted by law or where you have provided us with your express or implied consent.
We may also use your personal information, or aggregate your personal information with the personal information of other customers (so that the aggregated information is no longer personal) for the purposes of:
(a) Analysis to help us better understand the needs of our customers so that we and third parties can better develop products and services for you;
(b) Providing information that is tailored to what we believe are your areas of interest; and
(c) Analysing your product and services to improve your experience and to enable us to develop new or enhanced functionality for you.
We do not share your personal information with other organisations unless you give us consent, or where sharing is otherwise required or permitted by law, or where this is necessary on a temporary basis to enable our contractors to perform specific functions.
We may contact you periodically to advise you of new or enhanced functionality which is available in connection with our products and services. You will not be obliged to adopt any such functionality.
When we temporarily provide personal information to companies who perform services for us, we require those companies to protect your personal information as diligently as we do. Strict contractual and other quality assurance measures are used to ensure your personal information is protected.
We have a strict duty to maintain the privacy of all personal information we hold about you. However, certain exceptions do apply. For example, where disclosure of your personal information is:
(a) Authorised or required by law (for example, disclosure to various government departments and agencies such as the Australian Taxation Office, CentreLink, Child Support Agency, or disclosure to courts under subpoena);
(b) In the public interest (e.g. where a crime, fraud or misdemeanour is committed or suspected and disclosure against the customer’s rights to confidentiality is justified); or
(c) With your consent, which consent may be implied or express and it may also be verbal or written.
Personal Information and Subsidiaries
Little Kids Business can disclose personal information (excluding sensitive information) with subsidiaries and controlled entities as long as the purpose of sharing is related to the reason the personal information was originally collected. This excludes subsidiaries that are outside of Australia.
Overseas Use and Disclosure
Little Kids Business may transfer personal information to countries outside Australia (for example when you send correspondence overseas). We will only do so in compliance with all applicable Australian data protection and privacy laws. Little Kids Business will take reasonable steps to protect personal information no matter what country it is stored in or transferred to. We have procedures and data transfer contracts as appropriate to help ensure this.
We may also use your personal information, or aggregate your personal information with the personal information of other customers (so that the aggregated information is no longer personal) for the purposes of analysis to help us better understand the needs of our customers so that we and third parties can better develop products and services for you; providing information that is tailored to what we believe are your areas of interest; and analysing your product and services to improve your experience and to enable us to develop new or enhanced functionality for you.
Accessing Your Personal Information
From time to time we may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular Little Kids Business products and services which we believe may be of interest to you. We may then contact you to let you know about these products and services and how they may benefit you. We will generally only do this with your prior consent (where practical) and we will always give you a choice to opt-out of receiving such information in future.
Every directly addressed marketing contact sent or made by Little Kids Business will include a means by which customers may unsubscribe (or opt-out) of receiving further marketing information. Additionally, you may instruct us at any time to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us.
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. This right is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. Little Kids Business will, upon your request, and subject to applicable privacy laws, provide you with access to your personal information that is held by us. However, we ask that you identify, as clearly as possible, the type (or types) of information requested. Little Kids Business will deal with your request in a reasonable time, usually within 30 days.
Your right to access your personal information is not absolute. In some circumstances, the law permits us to refuse your request to provide you with access to your personal information.
Updating Your Information
It is inevitable that some personal information which we hold will become out of date. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information which we hold remains accurate and, if you advise us of a change of details, we will amend our records accordingly. Where your information has been disclosed to a third party, Little Kids Business will take reasonable steps to notify the third party of the correction. Where we are unable to update your information, we will provide an explanation in writing as to why the information cannot be corrected.
Little Kids Business is committed to protecting and securing your personal information. We employ appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to protect personal information from unauthorised disclosure, loss, misuse or alteration. We limit access to personal information to individuals with a business need consistent with the reason the information was provided. We keep personal information only for as long as it is required for business purposes or by the law.
Little Kids Business protects your personal information by complying with Information Security Standards, Industry Schemes and Statutory obligations. We regularly conduct targeted internal and external audits on our security systems to validate the currency of our security practices.
We understand that you may be concerned about the security of the personal information we collect from you online. Accordingly, we have systems in place to ensure our online dealings with you are as secure as your dealings with us in person, or on the telephone.
We employ security programs and services to monitor network traffic in order to identify attempts to breach our security.
Information Collected on Our Website
We may collect non-personal information from you such as browser type, operating system, and web pages visited to help us manage our website.
Our internet server logs the following information which is provided by your browser for statistical and content optimisation and personalisation purposes. This may include the type of browser and operating system you are using; your Internet Service Provider and top-level domain name (for example – .com, .gov, .au, .uk); the address of any referring website (for example – the previous web site you visited), and or your computer’s IP (Internet Protocol) address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the internet).
All this information is used by Little Kids Business for aggregated statistical analyses or systems administration purposes only. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, except where required by law.
Other Sites Links
Little Kids Business site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We encourage you to read and understand the privacy policies on those websites prior to providing any information to them.
Some of the content appearing on the Little Kids Business website may be supplied by third parties, for example, by framing third-party websites or the incorporation through “frame-sets” of content supplied by third-party application service providers. In such cases, will ensure that our contractual arrangements with these third parties protect your personal information in compliance with privacy laws.
Search terms that you enter when using our search engine may be collected, but are not associated with any other information that we collect. We may use these search terms for the purpose of aggregated statistical analyses so we can ascertain what people are looking for on our website, and to improve the services that we provide.
We may use external companies to provide us with detailed aggregate statistical analyses of our website traffic. At no time is any personal information made available to these companies, nor is the aggregate information ever merged with personal information such as your name, address, email address or other information you would consider sensitive or would compromise your privacy.
Loss of Personal Information
Despite our every effort to protect your personal information, there remains the possibility that a breach of our security could occur. In the event of loss of personal information Little Kids Business will:
(a) Seek to rapidly identify and secure the breach to prevent any further breaches;
(b) Engage the appropriate authorities where criminal activity is suspected
(c) Assess the nature and severity of the breach including the type of personal information involved and the risk of harm to affected individuals;
(d) Notify the affected individuals directly if appropriate and where possible;
(e) If appropriate, put a notice on our website advising our customers of the breach;
(f) Notify the Privacy Commissioner (at the OAIC) if the breach is significant.
Resolution of Complaints
Little Kids Business is committed to working with its customers to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. To contact us with a compliment or complaint or a privacy question, you can write to us at: PO Box 1103, Capalaba 4057
Further information on privacy
You can obtain further general information about your privacy rights and Commonwealth privacy law from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by calling their Privacy Hotline on 1300 363 992; visiting their website at http://www.oaic.gov.au/ or writing to the Australian Information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 1042.