Enjoy a ride with Thomas in Melbourne and Ipswich Australia
Thomas is a cheeky, fussy little engine who wears #1 on his side and never lets anyone forget it. Joining him in his adventures on the Island of Sodor are his engine friends, including cheerful Percy, moody James and the proud but boastful Gordon. They are joined by the coaches Annie and Clarabel, Bertie the Bus, Terence the Tractor and Harold the Helicopter, to name a few. Sir Topham Hatt, Superintendent of the railroad, is the kindly boss who keeps everyone in order.
My son developed a fascination for Thomas at age Two so this is a great age to introduce Thomas.
Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends are based on the Railway Series of books written by the Reverend W. Awdry (1911–1997). The stories were created in 1942 to entertain the Reverend’s son, Christopher, who was confined to bed with the measles. That Christmas, a simple wooden train named Thomas was made for Christopher. This led to the creation of even more stories about Thomas the Train and his railway friends.
Eventually, at his wife’s encouragement, The Reverend found a publisher for the stories and in 1945 The Three Railway Engines was published followed by 39 others. The stories in this book featured Edward, Gordon and Henry. (Did you know that Thomas isn’t featured until the second book, Thomas the Tank Engine.)
Enjoy a ride with Thomas at Queenscliff at an Event: –
The popular Day Out With Thomas tickets is now on sale for this popular attraction presented by The Bellarine Railway. Session times (2.5 hours) have been introduced and will start from 9.45 am. Online bookings are advised to avoid disappointment, as seats are currently limited to 150 patrons per session. Tickets available at the gate, unless sold out.
Suitable for all ages enjoy a ride with Thomas, a train ride with Oliver, activities and photo opportunities galore. PLUS children receive a pack to take home!
Session times (2.5 hours) have been introduced and will start from 9.45 am. Online bookings are advised to avoid disappointment, as seats are currently limited to 150 patrons per session. Tickets available at the gate, unless sold out.
Please visit the website for more information and to book tickets.
Disclaimer: The event is subject to change/cancellation should new directions for public gatherings be issued relating to COVID-19 restrictions.
If you live in Brisbane and surrounds then there is an opportunity to visit Thomas locally and make a day of it with entry to the Museum and all exhibits included in your ticket!
The world’s most-loved blue steam engine and his friends are enjoying the summer school holiday at the museum.
Things to see and do for the kids:
- Meet Thomas the Tank Engine at the entrance to the museum.
- Say hello to The Fat Controller as he roams around the museum.
- Thomas activities including colouring-in, games, and puzzles.
- Dive into the Thomas play pit, including wooden track building.
- Find the hidden Thomas trains on the huge model railway.
- Take a break and watch a Thomas movie.
- Let off steam in the indoor adventure playground and expansive grounds.
Fun for the whole family with Museum entry included:
- Explore 15 larger-than-life exhibits.
- Get up close to genuine locos & vintage carriages.
- See the huge model railway.
- Drive a train simulator. ( This is such fun for the kids and adults alike )
Your day out planner:
- Bookings are essential! Book your tickets.
- Check our location.
- Plan to spend 3 hours+ to enjoy all the activities & exhibits.
- Pack a picnic & snacks to enjoy in the grounds, or buy lunch at the Café.
- Free parking.
A day out with Thomas Entry Tickets: ( correct at time of publishing )
(on presentation of Concession card)
(3 to 15 years)
(under 3 years of age)
(2 Adults, 2 Children)
Who else will be here?
Joining Thomas the Tank Engine and The Fat Controller on their winter holidays are:
- Annie & Clarabel
- Diesel 199
- Trevor the Traction Engine
- George the Steamroller
Enjoy Thomas and Friends activities from the safety and comfort of your own home with our new Thomas and Friends activities page.