A Decadent Hot Chocolate recipe to die for
Oh baby, it’s cold outside and what better drink to share with adults and children alike than a hot chocolate.
Chocolate, including hot chocolate, is a well-known mood booster. This tasty drink helps fight stress, anxiety, and depression. Hot chocolate also stimulates an endorphin release, which helps to improve your mood and makes you feel happier in a single sip.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 3 cups of milk (Choose Skim if trying to lose a little weight)
- 3 cinnamon sticks or 3 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 250g of dark chocolate (substitute for milk chocolate for a lighter, sweeter taste that isn’t too bold)
- 3 tablespoons of castor sugar
- salt to taste (1 pinch is enough but feel free to add more if you like a saltier flavour)
To make it a little bit boozy for Mum and Dad you can add :
- 2 Nips to half a cup of bourbon ( whoa – no more )
- Put the milk and cinnamon into a large saucepan over a medium heat, gently whisking to make sure the milk doesn’t stick to the bottom or boil. This should take roughly 10 minutes.
- Continuing to whisk, add in the chocolate, sugar, and salt. After about 5 minutes the mixture should become smooth and creamy with the chocolate completely melted.
- Add the bourbon if you desire, add some to only a select few drinks, or leave it out completely; it’s up to you.
- Top with whipped cream, marshmallows, and/or the like for a fancy finish.
Note : if your child reacts to sugar you might want to skip this hot chocolate recipe.
Serve your Hot Chocolate in a Personalised Mug with your child’s name on it.
DID YOU KNOW THAT HOT CHOCOLATE CAN EVEN HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT IF MADE A LITTLE DIFFERENTLY
If you are trying to lose a little weight, drinking hot chocolate can help you achieve your weight loss goal. When made correctly, hot chocolate is a delicious and low calorie drink that you can enjoy every time you have chocolate cravings. Plus, drinking a cup of low calorie hot chocolate helps prevent the intake of high-calorie and sugary foods such as doughnuts, pastries, and cakes.
Now that you’re aware of some of the best health benefits of drinking hot chocolate, what are you waiting for? Rush into your kitchen and make this fantastic winter beverage.
Let me know! how you go!